Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna signs with New England Patriots
Michael Conroy, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna joined his second NFL team in his short pro career on Monday.
The New England Patriots announced that they have signed the rookie lineman, who was released by the New York Giants on June 19. Manumaleuna signed a free-agent deal with the Giants after going undrafted in May.
Manumaleuna's BYU career spanned from 2007-13, where he totaled 144 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He was also known for his game-winning block of a UCLA field goal attempt in the 2007 Las Vegas Bowl, which BYU won 17-16.
In New England, Manumaleuna joins a defensive line group that has four other rookies, including Utah defensive tackle L.T. Tuipulotu. The Patriots finished the 2013 NFL season fifth in the league with 48 sacks.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 29
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22