Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna signs with New England Patriots
Michael Conroy, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna joined his second NFL team in his short pro career on Monday.
The New England Patriots announced that they have signed the rookie lineman, who was released by the New York Giants on June 19. Manumaleuna signed a free-agent deal with the Giants after going undrafted in May.
Manumaleuna's BYU career spanned from 2007-13, where he totaled 144 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He was also known for his game-winning block of a UCLA field goal attempt in the 2007 Las Vegas Bowl, which BYU won 17-16.
In New England, Manumaleuna joins a defensive line group that has four other rookies, including Utah defensive tackle L.T. Tuipulotu. The Patriots finished the 2013 NFL season fifth in the league with 48 sacks.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32