Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna signs with New England Patriots
Michael Conroy, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn Manumaleuna joined his second NFL team in his short pro career on Monday.
The New England Patriots announced that they have signed the rookie lineman, who was released by the New York Giants on June 19. Manumaleuna signed a free-agent deal with the Giants after going undrafted in May.
Manumaleuna's BYU career spanned from 2007-13, where he totaled 144 tackles, 6.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He was also known for his game-winning block of a UCLA field goal attempt in the 2007 Las Vegas Bowl, which BYU won 17-16.
In New England, Manumaleuna joins a defensive line group that has four other rookies, including Utah defensive tackle L.T. Tuipulotu. The Patriots finished the 2013 NFL season fifth in the league with 48 sacks.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25