Common-sense solutions to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and other dangerous people are sitting on desks in Congress.
It’s time to ensure that our federal laws apply to all domestic abusers, making it more difficult for these violent individuals to get guns and do more harm. Expanding background checks on commercial gun sales and closing loopholes in existing domestic violence laws will protect people in society. Although we see gun violence all too often in this country, we can't afford to become numb. We must take action and demand change.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 66
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 39
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 30
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 25