Common-sense solutions to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and other dangerous people are sitting on desks in Congress.
It’s time to ensure that our federal laws apply to all domestic abusers, making it more difficult for these violent individuals to get guns and do more harm. Expanding background checks on commercial gun sales and closing loopholes in existing domestic violence laws will protect people in society. Although we see gun violence all too often in this country, we can't afford to become numb. We must take action and demand change.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16