Common-sense solutions to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and other dangerous people are sitting on desks in Congress.
It’s time to ensure that our federal laws apply to all domestic abusers, making it more difficult for these violent individuals to get guns and do more harm. Expanding background checks on commercial gun sales and closing loopholes in existing domestic violence laws will protect people in society. Although we see gun violence all too often in this country, we can't afford to become numb. We must take action and demand change.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 42
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26