Common-sense solutions to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and other dangerous people are sitting on desks in Congress.
It’s time to ensure that our federal laws apply to all domestic abusers, making it more difficult for these violent individuals to get guns and do more harm. Expanding background checks on commercial gun sales and closing loopholes in existing domestic violence laws will protect people in society. Although we see gun violence all too often in this country, we can't afford to become numb. We must take action and demand change.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 27
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 23
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21