Common-sense solutions to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and other dangerous people are sitting on desks in Congress.
It’s time to ensure that our federal laws apply to all domestic abusers, making it more difficult for these violent individuals to get guns and do more harm. Expanding background checks on commercial gun sales and closing loopholes in existing domestic violence laws will protect people in society. Although we see gun violence all too often in this country, we can't afford to become numb. We must take action and demand change.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24