Partygoer injured in Salt Lake City drive-by shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — Police continued looking for suspects Sunday in a drive-by shooting that left one man in stable condition with three gunshot wounds.
About 1:30 a.m., a party was being held in the 800 North block of Morton Drive (1800 West) when two uninvited men walked in, according to police.
A disagreement between the duo and others ensued, and the host decided to end the party and send everyone home.
As everyone was leaving, a car — either a silver Honda or Nissan — drove by and someone inside fired between seven and 10 shots, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino. One man was hit twice in the leg and once in the hand. Detectives did not know Sunday whether the man was the intended victim or just happened to be closest to the line of fire.
Rather than call 911, the man's friends put him in a vehicle and drove him to the hospital. Merino said the victim's injuries were not life-threatening.
Salt Lake gang detectives were called to the scene, though it was unknown Sunday whether the incident was gang-related.
Anyone with information on the alleged gunman can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11