Partygoer injured in Salt Lake City drive-by shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — Police continued looking for suspects Sunday in a drive-by shooting that left one man in stable condition with three gunshot wounds.
About 1:30 a.m., a party was being held in the 800 North block of Morton Drive (1800 West) when two uninvited men walked in, according to police.
A disagreement between the duo and others ensued, and the host decided to end the party and send everyone home.
As everyone was leaving, a car — either a silver Honda or Nissan — drove by and someone inside fired between seven and 10 shots, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino. One man was hit twice in the leg and once in the hand. Detectives did not know Sunday whether the man was the intended victim or just happened to be closest to the line of fire.
Rather than call 911, the man's friends put him in a vehicle and drove him to the hospital. Merino said the victim's injuries were not life-threatening.
Salt Lake gang detectives were called to the scene, though it was unknown Sunday whether the incident was gang-related.
Anyone with information on the alleged gunman can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 77
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12