Partygoer injured in Salt Lake City drive-by shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — Police continued looking for suspects Sunday in a drive-by shooting that left one man in stable condition with three gunshot wounds.
About 1:30 a.m., a party was being held in the 800 North block of Morton Drive (1800 West) when two uninvited men walked in, according to police.
A disagreement between the duo and others ensued, and the host decided to end the party and send everyone home.
As everyone was leaving, a car — either a silver Honda or Nissan — drove by and someone inside fired between seven and 10 shots, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino. One man was hit twice in the leg and once in the hand. Detectives did not know Sunday whether the man was the intended victim or just happened to be closest to the line of fire.
Rather than call 911, the man's friends put him in a vehicle and drove him to the hospital. Merino said the victim's injuries were not life-threatening.
Salt Lake gang detectives were called to the scene, though it was unknown Sunday whether the incident was gang-related.
Anyone with information on the alleged gunman can call police at 801-799-3000.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9