Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars and opportunities because they fought for freedom over centuries. There are those who would take away what we have as Americans. We continue to maintain an armed force to protect our borders so we can continue to enjoy what we do have.
Our men and women in uniform stand ready and willing to rise to those who would take away our freedoms. Many of those who survived the battles come home broken in need of help as was promised. Where does this help come from? It comes from Veterans Affairs. But in view of scandalous indiscretions, many veterans are simply tossed aside in a hurry-up-and-wait situation. Is this how our veterans should be treated?
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28