Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars and opportunities because they fought for freedom over centuries. There are those who would take away what we have as Americans. We continue to maintain an armed force to protect our borders so we can continue to enjoy what we do have.
Our men and women in uniform stand ready and willing to rise to those who would take away our freedoms. Many of those who survived the battles come home broken in need of help as was promised. Where does this help come from? It comes from Veterans Affairs. But in view of scandalous indiscretions, many veterans are simply tossed aside in a hurry-up-and-wait situation. Is this how our veterans should be treated?
Salt Lake City
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on...
- My view: End Utah taxpayers’ losing streak
- In our opinion: Public financial support for...
- Letter: Shooter's motives
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Letter: Shooter's motives 40
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 31
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 31
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 22