Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars and opportunities because they fought for freedom over centuries. There are those who would take away what we have as Americans. We continue to maintain an armed force to protect our borders so we can continue to enjoy what we do have.
Our men and women in uniform stand ready and willing to rise to those who would take away our freedoms. Many of those who survived the battles come home broken in need of help as was promised. Where does this help come from? It comes from Veterans Affairs. But in view of scandalous indiscretions, many veterans are simply tossed aside in a hurry-up-and-wait situation. Is this how our veterans should be treated?
Salt Lake City
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 30
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 23
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 12