Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars and opportunities because they fought for freedom over centuries. There are those who would take away what we have as Americans. We continue to maintain an armed force to protect our borders so we can continue to enjoy what we do have.
Our men and women in uniform stand ready and willing to rise to those who would take away our freedoms. Many of those who survived the battles come home broken in need of help as was promised. Where does this help come from? It comes from Veterans Affairs. But in view of scandalous indiscretions, many veterans are simply tossed aside in a hurry-up-and-wait situation. Is this how our veterans should be treated?
Salt Lake City
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26