Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars and opportunities because they fought for freedom over centuries. There are those who would take away what we have as Americans. We continue to maintain an armed force to protect our borders so we can continue to enjoy what we do have.
Our men and women in uniform stand ready and willing to rise to those who would take away our freedoms. Many of those who survived the battles come home broken in need of help as was promised. Where does this help come from? It comes from Veterans Affairs. But in view of scandalous indiscretions, many veterans are simply tossed aside in a hurry-up-and-wait situation. Is this how our veterans should be treated?
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 43
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 30