I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and Healthy...
- Letter: Medically fragile
- A. Scott Anderson: Healthy Utah is the...
- Michael Gerson: Christianity, grace...
- Jay Evensen: Don't turn prison relocation...
- Letter: Bear Lake driving
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront Islamic...
- Robert Bennett: Are Republican... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 31
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22