I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Utah has an export-import problem
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27