I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22