I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 29
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17