I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 35
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 30
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19