I wonder if the people who are accusing Mark Shurtleff and John Swallow of criminal actions have considered that all people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Shurtleff and Swallow would have gone there on their own. However, my worry is that they are being publicly convicted without a trial.
The families of these men deserve consideration and the men being accused are not guilty until proven guilty by a jury of their peers or a Judge chosen for that purpose. I believe that “innocent until proven guilty” is still our way of justice.
Loa Don Glade
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 39
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 24
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 21
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 18