Humane Society offers reward in Syracuse horse shootings
SYRACUSE — A $5,000 reward is being offered by the Humane Society of Utah for information leading to the arrest and successful prosecution of the person or persons responsible for the recent shootings of four horses in Syracuse.
"This appears to be a deliberate and cruel act," Humane Society Executive Director Gene Baierschmidt said. "This kind of callous crime cannot go unchallenged. The Humane Society and our thousands of members want to see those responsible brought to justice."
The four horses were found shot in a pasture while their owners were out of town. The Davis County Sheriff's Office said Friday the horses were shot in their corral at 4000 W. 3000 South, at some point between July 12 and 15.
Someone is believed to have walked down a dead-end road to where the horses were, before locking them in the corral and shooting them, Davis County Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen said.
Poulsen said she hopes the reward offer will help authorities identify whoever is responsible for the shootings.
"If somebody potentially has information, that could bring them forward," she said. "We just hope there is somebody who knows something who would be willing to come forward with information."
Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call the Davis County Sheriff's Office at 801-451-4150.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Elderly man hit, killed after chasing dog...
- Charges: Man murdered woman who had been...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 37
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9