Youth Pioneer Production honors modern-day pioneer
WEST JORDAN — Utah Pioneer Days and the Olive Osmond Hearing Fund will be honoring a modern-day pioneer during the Youth Pioneer Production.
Norm Bangerter, Doug Wright and Gene Fullmer were nominated at the beginning of July for their lifelong accomplishments, outstanding achievements and influential impact throughout Utah.
“These men's actions have inspired others to learn, dream and to become something greater. We are so grateful for their dedication, leadership and their accomplishments,” said Merrill Osmond, artist and co-founder of the Youth Pioneer Production.
Bangerter served as governor for eight years starting in 1985 and played a large role in the development of state Route 154, also known as Bangerter Highway.
Wright, host of "The Doug Wright Show" on KSL Newsradio, has a 40-year history in Utah broadcasting. He also hosts the "Movie Show" featuring movie reviews and other topics related to the world of entertainment.
Fullmer was nominated for his heavy hand in the boxing ring. Fullmer won the world middleweight boxing title in 1957, defeating Sugar Ray Robinson. Since then, he has provided boxing programs to establish structure and confidence for kids in Utah.
The Olive Osmond Hearing Fund first backed the annual Youth Pioneer Production in July 2012. The fund has helped more than 2,800 local deaf and hard of hearing children by providing more than $190,000 in services and hearing aids to children across the Salt Lake Valley.
Running July 24-26 at the West Jordan Arena, 8125 S. 2200 West, the Youth Pioneer Production features a cast of more than 100 youths singing and dancing to celebrate the journey of the Utah pioneers.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: MirandaCollette
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20