Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police detectives are now calling the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in a hotel room a homicide.
Holly Nicole Carges, 34, was found dead by hotel management inside a room at the Royal Garden Inn, 154 W. 600 South, on Thursday morning.
The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
Police released few details about the incident Friday, including what other potential evidence was found in the room, whether there were obvious signs of trauma or if the room was checked out in her name.
Investigators were asking anyone who knew Carges to contact them at 801-799-3000.
Court records show Carges, who also went by the name Holly Monk, was convicted had several misdemeanor convictions including DUI in 2013, supplying alcohol to a minor in 2007 and driving on a suspended license in 2004. She was also convicted in California in 2001 with unlawful sexual activity with a minor.
— Pat Reavy
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23