Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police detectives are now calling the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in a hotel room a homicide.
Holly Nicole Carges, 34, was found dead by hotel management inside a room at the Royal Garden Inn, 154 W. 600 South, on Thursday morning.
The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
Police released few details about the incident Friday, including what other potential evidence was found in the room, whether there were obvious signs of trauma or if the room was checked out in her name.
Investigators were asking anyone who knew Carges to contact them at 801-799-3000.
Court records show Carges, who also went by the name Holly Monk, was convicted had several misdemeanor convictions including DUI in 2013, supplying alcohol to a minor in 2007 and driving on a suspended license in 2004. She was also convicted in California in 2001 with unlawful sexual activity with a minor.
— Pat Reavy
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Report: Utah colleges producing degrees with...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13