Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police detectives are now calling the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in a hotel room a homicide.
Holly Nicole Carges, 34, was found dead by hotel management inside a room at the Royal Garden Inn, 154 W. 600 South, on Thursday morning.
The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
Police released few details about the incident Friday, including what other potential evidence was found in the room, whether there were obvious signs of trauma or if the room was checked out in her name.
Investigators were asking anyone who knew Carges to contact them at 801-799-3000.
Court records show Carges, who also went by the name Holly Monk, was convicted had several misdemeanor convictions including DUI in 2013, supplying alcohol to a minor in 2007 and driving on a suspended license in 2004. She was also convicted in California in 2001 with unlawful sexual activity with a minor.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16