Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police detectives are now calling the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in a hotel room a homicide.
Holly Nicole Carges, 34, was found dead by hotel management inside a room at the Royal Garden Inn, 154 W. 600 South, on Thursday morning.
The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
Police released few details about the incident Friday, including what other potential evidence was found in the room, whether there were obvious signs of trauma or if the room was checked out in her name.
Investigators were asking anyone who knew Carges to contact them at 801-799-3000.
Court records show Carges, who also went by the name Holly Monk, was convicted had several misdemeanor convictions including DUI in 2013, supplying alcohol to a minor in 2007 and driving on a suspended license in 2004. She was also convicted in California in 2001 with unlawful sexual activity with a minor.
— Pat Reavy
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- House panel to discuss bill on ending tax on...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- House panel to discuss bill on ending... 9