Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake police detectives are now calling the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found in a hotel room a homicide.
Holly Nicole Carges, 34, was found dead by hotel management inside a room at the Royal Garden Inn, 154 W. 600 South, on Thursday morning.
The state medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death.
Police released few details about the incident Friday, including what other potential evidence was found in the room, whether there were obvious signs of trauma or if the room was checked out in her name.
Investigators were asking anyone who knew Carges to contact them at 801-799-3000.
Court records show Carges, who also went by the name Holly Monk, was convicted had several misdemeanor convictions including DUI in 2013, supplying alcohol to a minor in 2007 and driving on a suspended license in 2004. She was also convicted in California in 2001 with unlawful sexual activity with a minor.
— Pat Reavy
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36