Utah Shakespeare Festival selected as stop for Shakespeare on the Road
The Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah, has been selected as a stop for the Shakespeare on the Road project.
A group from the University of Warwick and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust is embarking on a tour of festivals throughout the United States to more fully understand why William Shakespeare’s work continues to be so popular among Americans.
Nikki Allen Koontz, media and public relations manager for the festival, wrote in an email to the Deseret News that the group will make its stop in Cedar City July 17-19. The team is scheduled to see all of the Shakespeare plays currently showing at the festival as well as to experience the festival’s various seminars and other offerings.
“To be selected of one of 14 festivals across America to receive the recognition and focus of The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust and the University of Warwick is gratifying for all of us here in Utah,” R. Scott Phillips, the festival’s executive director, wrote in an email to the Deseret News.
A news release indicated that each festival would be invited to contribute materials to the trust’s archives. Phillips wrote that the USF plans to contribute stage management prompt books, DVD promotional videos and other items that represent the 2014 season.
Shakespeare on the Road team members will blog about their experiences in Cedar City, as well as at other festivals throughout the country, at shakespeareontheroad.com.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: WhitneyButters
- 2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in NYC sky
- Carnegie Hall celebrates 125 years and counting
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at Hale...
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: All the world's a staged...
- Hale theater looks ahead to '17 season as...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, other...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye,... 2
- 2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in... 1
- Marvel movie cheat-sheet: Catch up for... 1
- Carnegie Hall celebrates 125 years and... 0
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at... 0
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30 0
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: All the world's a... 0