PROVO — A preliminary hearing was scheduled Thursday for a man charged in connection with a series of gropings around the BYU campus.
Nathan Eric Fletcher, 23, is charged in 4th District Court with two counts of sexual battery, a class A misdemeanor. But police believe he committed all 16 groping incidents reported on and around campus since January.
During a brief hearing in court on Thursday, a preliminary hearing was scheduled for Aug. 28.
Fletcher was kicked out of BYU and banned from the campus after his arrest. His attorney, however, says police arrested the wrong man.
Prosecutors allege that Fletcher swatted the breasts and buttocks of several women who were out walking or jogging around campus, in most cases when Fletcher — a former member of the BYU and Timpview High School track teams — was either jogging or posing as a jogger himself.
— Pat Reavy
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 86
- Bingham High students walk out over... 75
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 24
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18