PROVO — A preliminary hearing was scheduled Thursday for a man charged in connection with a series of gropings around the BYU campus.
Nathan Eric Fletcher, 23, is charged in 4th District Court with two counts of sexual battery, a class A misdemeanor. But police believe he committed all 16 groping incidents reported on and around campus since January.
During a brief hearing in court on Thursday, a preliminary hearing was scheduled for Aug. 28.
Fletcher was kicked out of BYU and banned from the campus after his arrest. His attorney, however, says police arrested the wrong man.
Prosecutors allege that Fletcher swatted the breasts and buttocks of several women who were out walking or jogging around campus, in most cases when Fletcher — a former member of the BYU and Timpview High School track teams — was either jogging or posing as a jogger himself.
— Pat Reavy
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 43
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 41
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20