Dad asks Reddit users to Photoshop picture of his baby girl, response is overwhelming
The grieving father of 6-week-old Sophia Steffel never imagined the kind of love and support he would receive after asking strangers for help following the death of his daughter last week.
Because his daughter had been in the hospital since birth, the only pictures Steffel had of her included tubes and machines.
"My daughter recently passed away after a long battle in the children's hospital. Since she was in the hospital her whole life we never were able to get a photo without all her tubes. Can someone remove the tubes from this photo?"
Within three days, more than 2,800 users had commented, and several artists had posted renditions of the picture, the New York Daily News reported.
Steffel was overwhelmed by the responses.
"This is really amazing. Everyone you have made my day," Steffel posted on Reddit. "All I wanted was a nice picture. What I received was a lot of love and support from a bunch of strangers. Along with a lot of great photos, drawings and paintings. Thanks everyone!"
Steffel has continued to express appreciation for everyone who submitted pictures of his daughter.
"Wow that is awesome," Steffel commented on one post. "I showed my wife and she teared up. Thank you so very much."
In other online comments, Steffel said he and his wife have received support in additional forms.
"Thanks we've received a lot of help from family and friends. My wife works as a bank teller and they set up a benefit account for us that had an amazing effect that will completely cover the cost of her funeral arrangements."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2