Dad asks Reddit users to Photoshop picture of his baby girl, response is overwhelming
The grieving father of 6-week-old Sophia Steffel never imagined the kind of love and support he would receive after asking strangers for help following the death of his daughter last week.
Because his daughter had been in the hospital since birth, the only pictures Steffel had of her included tubes and machines.
"My daughter recently passed away after a long battle in the children's hospital. Since she was in the hospital her whole life we never were able to get a photo without all her tubes. Can someone remove the tubes from this photo?"
Within three days, more than 2,800 users had commented, and several artists had posted renditions of the picture, the New York Daily News reported.
Steffel was overwhelmed by the responses.
"This is really amazing. Everyone you have made my day," Steffel posted on Reddit. "All I wanted was a nice picture. What I received was a lot of love and support from a bunch of strangers. Along with a lot of great photos, drawings and paintings. Thanks everyone!"
Steffel has continued to express appreciation for everyone who submitted pictures of his daughter.
"Wow that is awesome," Steffel commented on one post. "I showed my wife and she teared up. Thank you so very much."
In other online comments, Steffel said he and his wife have received support in additional forms.
"Thanks we've received a lot of help from family and friends. My wife works as a bank teller and they set up a benefit account for us that had an amazing effect that will completely cover the cost of her funeral arrangements."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Do we really need milk?
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Terminating parental rights: State policies...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- Broadway composer Frank Wildhorn visits...
- Utah Opera to explore love in Mozart's...
- Do we really need milk? 21
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 6
- Crowdfund a divorce? Sites let you... 3
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Real Salt Lake goalie... 2
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1