The Clean Cut: BYU-Idaho students sing 'Called to Serve' while bailing water out of apartments
When a severe thunderstorm caused flooding in Rexburg, Idaho, on Tuesday, many Brigham Young Universit–Idaho students stopped studying for finals to serve.
A video posted to YouTube July 15 shows students lining up with buckets, bailing water out of the Birch Plaza apartment complex while singing "Called to Serve."
"As I was driving through Rexburg surveying the water damage from today's flash flood, I heard what sounded like a choir singing the hymn 'Called to Serve' and here is what I saw next!" wrote Jason Averill in the YouTube video description. "This is what makes BYU-Idaho a special place ... the people!!!"
The video has more than 4,000 views so far.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas... 2