Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah State Capitol Preservation Board has announced the sixth annual Movie Under the Stars film lineup.
Each summer, the board teams with the Utah Film Commission to screen free movies on the southwest Capitol lawn.
Movie Under the Stars will feature four movies throughout the summer. Live music from local bands and performers will kick off each night at 7:30 p.m. and continue until sundown, when the movie begins.
Movies and performers are: Friday, July 18, "The Lone Ranger," with performance by The Heartstrings; Friday, Aug. 1, "The Lego Movie," with performance by Julia Lelis; Friday, Aug. 15, "Despicable Me 2," with performance by Charles Ellsworth; and Friday, Aug. 29, "Frozen" with performance by Chad and Kristo.
Admission is free, and lawn space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The board is seeking volunteers to help with event setup and takedown. For questions or to volunteer, contact the Capitol Preservation Board Visitors Center office at 801-538-1800 or visit the Facebook page Movie Under the Stars at the Utah State Capitol.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15