Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah State Capitol Preservation Board has announced the sixth annual Movie Under the Stars film lineup.
Each summer, the board teams with the Utah Film Commission to screen free movies on the southwest Capitol lawn.
Movie Under the Stars will feature four movies throughout the summer. Live music from local bands and performers will kick off each night at 7:30 p.m. and continue until sundown, when the movie begins.
Movies and performers are: Friday, July 18, "The Lone Ranger," with performance by The Heartstrings; Friday, Aug. 1, "The Lego Movie," with performance by Julia Lelis; Friday, Aug. 15, "Despicable Me 2," with performance by Charles Ellsworth; and Friday, Aug. 29, "Frozen" with performance by Chad and Kristo.
Admission is free, and lawn space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The board is seeking volunteers to help with event setup and takedown. For questions or to volunteer, contact the Capitol Preservation Board Visitors Center office at 801-538-1800 or visit the Facebook page Movie Under the Stars at the Utah State Capitol.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12