Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah State Capitol Preservation Board has announced the sixth annual Movie Under the Stars film lineup.
Each summer, the board teams with the Utah Film Commission to screen free movies on the southwest Capitol lawn.
Movie Under the Stars will feature four movies throughout the summer. Live music from local bands and performers will kick off each night at 7:30 p.m. and continue until sundown, when the movie begins.
Movies and performers are: Friday, July 18, "The Lone Ranger," with performance by The Heartstrings; Friday, Aug. 1, "The Lego Movie," with performance by Julia Lelis; Friday, Aug. 15, "Despicable Me 2," with performance by Charles Ellsworth; and Friday, Aug. 29, "Frozen" with performance by Chad and Kristo.
Admission is free, and lawn space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The board is seeking volunteers to help with event setup and takedown. For questions or to volunteer, contact the Capitol Preservation Board Visitors Center office at 801-538-1800 or visit the Facebook page Movie Under the Stars at the Utah State Capitol.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 25