Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah State Capitol Preservation Board has announced the sixth annual Movie Under the Stars film lineup.
Each summer, the board teams with the Utah Film Commission to screen free movies on the southwest Capitol lawn.
Movie Under the Stars will feature four movies throughout the summer. Live music from local bands and performers will kick off each night at 7:30 p.m. and continue until sundown, when the movie begins.
Movies and performers are: Friday, July 18, "The Lone Ranger," with performance by The Heartstrings; Friday, Aug. 1, "The Lego Movie," with performance by Julia Lelis; Friday, Aug. 15, "Despicable Me 2," with performance by Charles Ellsworth; and Friday, Aug. 29, "Frozen" with performance by Chad and Kristo.
Admission is free, and lawn space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The board is seeking volunteers to help with event setup and takedown. For questions or to volunteer, contact the Capitol Preservation Board Visitors Center office at 801-538-1800 or visit the Facebook page Movie Under the Stars at the Utah State Capitol.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12