Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah State Capitol Preservation Board has announced the sixth annual Movie Under the Stars film lineup.
Each summer, the board teams with the Utah Film Commission to screen free movies on the southwest Capitol lawn.
Movie Under the Stars will feature four movies throughout the summer. Live music from local bands and performers will kick off each night at 7:30 p.m. and continue until sundown, when the movie begins.
Movies and performers are: Friday, July 18, "The Lone Ranger," with performance by The Heartstrings; Friday, Aug. 1, "The Lego Movie," with performance by Julia Lelis; Friday, Aug. 15, "Despicable Me 2," with performance by Charles Ellsworth; and Friday, Aug. 29, "Frozen" with performance by Chad and Kristo.
Admission is free, and lawn space is available on a first come, first served basis.
The board is seeking volunteers to help with event setup and takedown. For questions or to volunteer, contact the Capitol Preservation Board Visitors Center office at 801-538-1800 or visit the Facebook page Movie Under the Stars at the Utah State Capitol.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 27
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 27
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20