Mental conditioning expert Justin Su'a has compiled a book of tips to help teens develop a winning mindset and become a champion in life.
The three main categories he coaches in "Mentally Tough Teens: Developing a Winning Mindset" (Cedar Fort, $12,99) are motivation, building confidence and overcoming adversity. Su'a, who is a membef of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, writes in the introduction of the 128-page book, "I don’t know why you picked this book up, but I know why I wrote it: to help you develop the mindset necessary for success in whatever you do."
These tips are organized in a teen-friendly manner: one on each page, direct and to the point on how to be successful.
Win the morning: Su'a encourages teenagers to wake up every day on purpose and with purpose.
Do one more: One more homework problem or minute of practice will set a successful teen apart from the average teen.
Don't expect immediate results: Su'a likens success to a slow cooker, not a microwave.
Think strong: What a person says about himself or herself builds confidence the most.
Calm your nerves: Anxiety doesn't come from the situation itself but how one prepares for and interprets it.
Live in the present: Su'a advises readers to not let past experiences affect their confidence in future choices.
Learn from failure: Su'a reminds teens that no one likes to fail or mess up, and truly successful people learn from those mistakes and become better.
Take a time-out: When the pressure of life gets to be too much, Su'a tells teens to take a time-out to slow down and take a break.
Stop complaining: Su'a instructs teens to do something about their situation rather than complain about it.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- Utah chaplains serve 'God, country and fellow...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 57
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 9
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 9