Mental conditioning expert Justin Su'a has compiled a book of tips to help teens develop a winning mindset and become a champion in life.
The three main categories he coaches in "Mentally Tough Teens: Developing a Winning Mindset" (Cedar Fort, $12,99) are motivation, building confidence and overcoming adversity. Su'a, who is a membef of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, writes in the introduction of the 128-page book, "I don’t know why you picked this book up, but I know why I wrote it: to help you develop the mindset necessary for success in whatever you do."
These tips are organized in a teen-friendly manner: one on each page, direct and to the point on how to be successful.
Win the morning: Su'a encourages teenagers to wake up every day on purpose and with purpose.
Do one more: One more homework problem or minute of practice will set a successful teen apart from the average teen.
Don't expect immediate results: Su'a likens success to a slow cooker, not a microwave.
Think strong: What a person says about himself or herself builds confidence the most.
Calm your nerves: Anxiety doesn't come from the situation itself but how one prepares for and interprets it.
Live in the present: Su'a advises readers to not let past experiences affect their confidence in future choices.
Learn from failure: Su'a reminds teens that no one likes to fail or mess up, and truly successful people learn from those mistakes and become better.
Take a time-out: When the pressure of life gets to be too much, Su'a tells teens to take a time-out to slow down and take a break.
Stop complaining: Su'a instructs teens to do something about their situation rather than complain about it.
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- The Clean Cut: LDS First Presidency shares...
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth linked...
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 82
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 13
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5