Mental conditioning expert Justin Su'a has compiled a book of tips to help teens develop a winning mindset and become a champion in life.
The three main categories he coaches in "Mentally Tough Teens: Developing a Winning Mindset" (Cedar Fort, $12,99) are motivation, building confidence and overcoming adversity. Su'a, who is a membef of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, writes in the introduction of the 128-page book, "I don’t know why you picked this book up, but I know why I wrote it: to help you develop the mindset necessary for success in whatever you do."
These tips are organized in a teen-friendly manner: one on each page, direct and to the point on how to be successful.
Win the morning: Su'a encourages teenagers to wake up every day on purpose and with purpose.
Do one more: One more homework problem or minute of practice will set a successful teen apart from the average teen.
Don't expect immediate results: Su'a likens success to a slow cooker, not a microwave.
Think strong: What a person says about himself or herself builds confidence the most.
Calm your nerves: Anxiety doesn't come from the situation itself but how one prepares for and interprets it.
Live in the present: Su'a advises readers to not let past experiences affect their confidence in future choices.
Learn from failure: Su'a reminds teens that no one likes to fail or mess up, and truly successful people learn from those mistakes and become better.
Take a time-out: When the pressure of life gets to be too much, Su'a tells teens to take a time-out to slow down and take a break.
Stop complaining: Su'a instructs teens to do something about their situation rather than complain about it.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Choosing to act
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 35
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5