Slide the City Facebook page
Slide the City, a traveling, family-friendly water party event, is coming to Salt Lake City, and it's bringing its 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide with it.
The event will take place on Saturday, July 19, from noon to 7 p.m, according to slidethecity.com. In addition to the padded, soapy, 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide starting at North Temple and running down Main Street, the party will include live music, food vendors and water fights.
Kids and adults alike are welcome, but the minimum height requirement to slide is 48 inches. Those under 18 will need a signed permission slip.
Ticket prices for the slide range from $20 to $50 and can be purchased online or onsite the day of the event, as long as they are not sold out. Certain ticket options include squirt guns and blow-up tubes, but guests are encouraged to bring their own water balloons, floaties, buckets, etc.
Those who do not want to pay for the slide can still come and hang out.
Slide the City plans to take its water party to 50 other cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This Salt Lake event is the first of the year.
For further updated information, see Slide the City's Facebook page.
Erica Palmer is a writer for the Mormon Times and Features department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- Here's my favorite 'Age of Ultron' plot twist
- 5-year-old rings bell, celebrates end of...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- The most important sacrifice you can make for...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 3
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- What does a Dutch cereal farm have to... 1
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 1