Slide the City Facebook page
Slide the City, a traveling, family-friendly water party event, is coming to Salt Lake City, and it's bringing its 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide with it.
The event will take place on Saturday, July 19, from noon to 7 p.m, according to slidethecity.com. In addition to the padded, soapy, 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide starting at North Temple and running down Main Street, the party will include live music, food vendors and water fights.
Kids and adults alike are welcome, but the minimum height requirement to slide is 48 inches. Those under 18 will need a signed permission slip.
Ticket prices for the slide range from $20 to $50 and can be purchased online or onsite the day of the event, as long as they are not sold out. Certain ticket options include squirt guns and blow-up tubes, but guests are encouraged to bring their own water balloons, floaties, buckets, etc.
Those who do not want to pay for the slide can still come and hang out.
Slide the City plans to take its water party to 50 other cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This Salt Lake event is the first of the year.
For further updated information, see Slide the City's Facebook page.
Erica Palmer is a writer for the Mormon Times and Features department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives money to...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- A black and white Halloween: Classic suspense...
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan shares his 'Love Story'...
- Shannon and Dean Hale introduce a superhero...
- Utah father and son emerge from 'Shark Tank'...
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- How the conversation about video games... 3
- Has violence in media lost its edge? 3