Slide the City Facebook page
Slide the City, a traveling, family-friendly water party event, is coming to Salt Lake City, and it's bringing its 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide with it.
The event will take place on Saturday, July 19, from noon to 7 p.m, according to slidethecity.com. In addition to the padded, soapy, 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide starting at North Temple and running down Main Street, the party will include live music, food vendors and water fights.
Kids and adults alike are welcome, but the minimum height requirement to slide is 48 inches. Those under 18 will need a signed permission slip.
Ticket prices for the slide range from $20 to $50 and can be purchased online or onsite the day of the event, as long as they are not sold out. Certain ticket options include squirt guns and blow-up tubes, but guests are encouraged to bring their own water balloons, floaties, buckets, etc.
Those who do not want to pay for the slide can still come and hang out.
Slide the City plans to take its water party to 50 other cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This Salt Lake event is the first of the year.
For further updated information, see Slide the City's Facebook page.
Erica Palmer is a writer for the Mormon Times and Features department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- A simple way to know that you're with the...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases Marvel...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- The one joke we make about love may actually...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 50
- One thing that changed my view of... 37
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 4
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The one joke we make about love may... 3
- 1 out of 7 Americans has this kind of... 2