Slide the City Facebook page
Slide the City, a traveling, family-friendly water party event, is coming to Salt Lake City, and it's bringing its 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide with it.
The event will take place on Saturday, July 19, from noon to 7 p.m, according to slidethecity.com. In addition to the padded, soapy, 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide starting at North Temple and running down Main Street, the party will include live music, food vendors and water fights.
Kids and adults alike are welcome, but the minimum height requirement to slide is 48 inches. Those under 18 will need a signed permission slip.
Ticket prices for the slide range from $20 to $50 and can be purchased online or onsite the day of the event, as long as they are not sold out. Certain ticket options include squirt guns and blow-up tubes, but guests are encouraged to bring their own water balloons, floaties, buckets, etc.
Those who do not want to pay for the slide can still come and hang out.
Slide the City plans to take its water party to 50 other cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This Salt Lake event is the first of the year.
For further updated information, see Slide the City's Facebook page.
Erica Palmer is a writer for the Mormon Times and Features department. Email: email@example.com
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney... 2