Slide the City Facebook page
Slide the City, a traveling, family-friendly water party event, is coming to Salt Lake City, and it's bringing its 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide with it.
The event will take place on Saturday, July 19, from noon to 7 p.m, according to slidethecity.com. In addition to the padded, soapy, 1,000-foot Slip ’n slide starting at North Temple and running down Main Street, the party will include live music, food vendors and water fights.
Kids and adults alike are welcome, but the minimum height requirement to slide is 48 inches. Those under 18 will need a signed permission slip.
Ticket prices for the slide range from $20 to $50 and can be purchased online or onsite the day of the event, as long as they are not sold out. Certain ticket options include squirt guns and blow-up tubes, but guests are encouraged to bring their own water balloons, floaties, buckets, etc.
Those who do not want to pay for the slide can still come and hang out.
Slide the City plans to take its water party to 50 other cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This Salt Lake event is the first of the year.
For further updated information, see Slide the City's Facebook page.
Erica Palmer is a writer for the Mormon Times and Features department. Email: email@example.com
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2