3 Utah dancers remain in top 18 of 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Only 18 dancers remain as finalists on the FOX reality show "So You Think You Can Dance," and three are from Utah: Tanisha Belnap, 20, of Payson; Brooklyn Fullmer, 18, of Provo; and Marcquet Hill, 18, of South Jordan.
Belnap, who specializes in ballroom, first auditioned for the show's 10th season last year. The Payson resident, who caught the attention of the judges for having 11 siblings, auditioned for season 11 in New Orleans.
Fullmer, who dances Latin ballroom, graduated from Timpview High School last year. This season was Fullmer's first time auditioning for "So You Think You Can Dance." Fullmer and Hill auditioned for the show together in New Orleans. Although the two are not competitive partners, Fullmer told the judges they have danced together at the same studio in Utah for three years and decided to audition together.
Hill auditioned with American Fork resident Witney Carson for the show's ninth season. At the time, Hill was only 16, and therefore too young to audition for his own spot. "So You Think You Can Dance" requires contestants to be 18 and graduated from high school by the time auditions are completed and the regular season begins. Hill returned to the stage this year with Fullmer and received praise from the judges.
"So You Think You Can Dance" airs Wednesdays at 7 p.m. on FOX 13.
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: 12-year-old boy writes,...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too dangerous...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: When kids get in the...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2
- Does an American child really go... 2