Tom Smart, Deseret News
November 2000 — Mark Shurtleff elected Attorney General of Utah
November 2004 — Shurtleff re-elected Attorney General of Utah
May 2008 — Defense attorneys for fraudster Marc Sessions Jenson question whether Shurtleff brought charges against Jenson as a favor to a political donor
November 2008 — Shurtleff re-elected for a third term as Utah Attorney General
June 11, 2011 - St. George businessman Jeremy Johnson arrested, charged with one count of mail fraud
August 23, 2011 — Jenson, already convicted of fraud in Utah, faces new charge in connection with a second alleged scheme
November 3, 2011 — Jenson sentenced for failing to pay millions in restitution in connection with a 2005 felony case
November 28, 2011 — Johnson arrested on a warrant for allegedly writing bad checks for more than $100,000 at a Las Vegas casino
November 6, 2012 — John Swallow elected as next Utah Attorney General
January 7, 2013 — Swallow takes office as Utah Attorney General
January 11, 2013 — Johnson accuses Swallow of helping to arrange a $600,000 payment to enlist Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in an effort to derail the Federal Trade Commission investigation into Johnson's Internet enterprise iWorks
January 14, 2013 — Swallow asks U.S. Attorney's Office of Utah to investigate him in light of Johnson's allegations
January 23, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah files unprofessional conduct complaint with the Utah State Bar
January 23, 2013 — Utah Republican Party says Swallow made mistakes in dealings with indicted businessman Jeremy Johnson, urges "common sense" ethics reform
March 6, 2013 — Federal prosecutors hit Johnson and four associates with an 86-count indictment for fraud
March 7, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah files petition with lieutenant governor's office alleging election violations
April 10, 2013 — Johnson, associates plead not guilty to 86-count fraud indictment
May 3, 2013 — Johnson files 39-page document in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas, claims Swallow may have been under federal investigation as early as June 2012
May 6, 2013 — U.S. Department of Justice Public Integrity Section takes over Swallow investigation from U.S. Attorney's Office
May 8, 2013 — Former state consumer protection director files ethics complaint against Swallow with Utah State Bar
May 10, 2013 — Lieutenant governor's office announces it will investigate three of 12 alleged election violations against Swallow, dismisses other nine counts
May 16, 2013 — Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill and Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings confirm criminal investigation into Swallow and Shurtleff
June 4, 2103 — Sutherland Institute calls on Swallow to resign from AG position
June 6, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah calls on Swallow to resign from AG position
June 19, 2013 — Utah House Republicans discuss impeachment proceedings and committee to investigate Swallow
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- Ask a Chef: 3 funeral potato recipes that...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Roosevelt officer justified in shooting death...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 95
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 53
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 36
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 27
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12