Tom Smart, Deseret News
November 2000 — Mark Shurtleff elected Attorney General of Utah
November 2004 — Shurtleff re-elected Attorney General of Utah
May 2008 — Defense attorneys for fraudster Marc Sessions Jenson question whether Shurtleff brought charges against Jenson as a favor to a political donor
November 2008 — Shurtleff re-elected for a third term as Utah Attorney General
June 11, 2011 - St. George businessman Jeremy Johnson arrested, charged with one count of mail fraud
August 23, 2011 — Jenson, already convicted of fraud in Utah, faces new charge in connection with a second alleged scheme
November 3, 2011 — Jenson sentenced for failing to pay millions in restitution in connection with a 2005 felony case
November 28, 2011 — Johnson arrested on a warrant for allegedly writing bad checks for more than $100,000 at a Las Vegas casino
November 6, 2012 — John Swallow elected as next Utah Attorney General
January 7, 2013 — Swallow takes office as Utah Attorney General
January 11, 2013 — Johnson accuses Swallow of helping to arrange a $600,000 payment to enlist Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in an effort to derail the Federal Trade Commission investigation into Johnson's Internet enterprise iWorks
January 14, 2013 — Swallow asks U.S. Attorney's Office of Utah to investigate him in light of Johnson's allegations
January 23, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah files unprofessional conduct complaint with the Utah State Bar
January 23, 2013 — Utah Republican Party says Swallow made mistakes in dealings with indicted businessman Jeremy Johnson, urges "common sense" ethics reform
March 6, 2013 — Federal prosecutors hit Johnson and four associates with an 86-count indictment for fraud
March 7, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah files petition with lieutenant governor's office alleging election violations
April 10, 2013 — Johnson, associates plead not guilty to 86-count fraud indictment
May 3, 2013 — Johnson files 39-page document in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas, claims Swallow may have been under federal investigation as early as June 2012
May 6, 2013 — U.S. Department of Justice Public Integrity Section takes over Swallow investigation from U.S. Attorney's Office
May 8, 2013 — Former state consumer protection director files ethics complaint against Swallow with Utah State Bar
May 10, 2013 — Lieutenant governor's office announces it will investigate three of 12 alleged election violations against Swallow, dismisses other nine counts
May 16, 2013 — Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill and Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings confirm criminal investigation into Swallow and Shurtleff
June 4, 2103 — Sutherland Institute calls on Swallow to resign from AG position
June 6, 2013 — Alliance for a Better Utah calls on Swallow to resign from AG position
June 19, 2013 — Utah House Republicans discuss impeachment proceedings and committee to investigate Swallow
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Legend of Vernal bank built by bricks sent...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 17