The Clean Cut: Why one dad is 'rude' when a boy asks for his daughter's hand in marriage
Husband and wife Benji and Jenna Cowart are Christian singer-songwriters who use their talents to serve. But last week, the duo decided to add a reggae cover to their repertoire.
The Cowarts' video is a response to a popular song by the Canadian band Magic! titled "Rude." The original song tells the story of a young man asking a father if he can marry his daughter. The father denies the request, and the young man responds, saying the father is "rude." The Cowarts' video shares their take on the father's side of the story.
Benji Cowart's version says: "Why you gotta call me rude? I'm doing what a dad should do. Keep her from a fool like you."
The video was posted on July 10 and had more than 450,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- Baby's introduction to food may include some...
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- Do we really need milk? 20
- Millennials reject capitalism and... 11
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 6
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2
- Motherhood Matters: What if I... 2
- Baby's introduction to food may include... 1