The Clean Cut: Why one dad is 'rude' when a boy asks for his daughter's hand in marriage
Husband and wife Benji and Jenna Cowart are Christian singer-songwriters who use their talents to serve. But last week, the duo decided to add a reggae cover to their repertoire.
The Cowarts' video is a response to a popular song by the Canadian band Magic! titled "Rude." The original song tells the story of a young man asking a father if he can marry his daughter. The father denies the request, and the young man responds, saying the father is "rude." The Cowarts' video shares their take on the father's side of the story.
Benji Cowart's version says: "Why you gotta call me rude? I'm doing what a dad should do. Keep her from a fool like you."
The video was posted on July 10 and had more than 450,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- Does an American child really go... 2
- 1 in 7 Americans has this kind of marriage 2
- Utah mother uses personal tragedy to... 1