The Clean Cut: Why one dad is 'rude' when a boy asks for his daughter's hand in marriage
Husband and wife Benji and Jenna Cowart are Christian singer-songwriters who use their talents to serve. But last week, the duo decided to add a reggae cover to their repertoire.
The Cowarts' video is a response to a popular song by the Canadian band Magic! titled "Rude." The original song tells the story of a young man asking a father if he can marry his daughter. The father denies the request, and the young man responds, saying the father is "rude." The Cowarts' video shares their take on the father's side of the story.
Benji Cowart's version says: "Why you gotta call me rude? I'm doing what a dad should do. Keep her from a fool like you."
The video was posted on July 10 and had more than 450,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Motherhood Matters: What do you focus on?
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 9
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2