The Clean Cut: Why one dad is 'rude' when a boy asks for his daughter's hand in marriage
Husband and wife Benji and Jenna Cowart are Christian singer-songwriters who use their talents to serve. But last week, the duo decided to add a reggae cover to their repertoire.
The Cowarts' video is a response to a popular song by the Canadian band Magic! titled "Rude." The original song tells the story of a young man asking a father if he can marry his daughter. The father denies the request, and the young man responds, saying the father is "rude." The Cowarts' video shares their take on the father's side of the story.
Benji Cowart's version says: "Why you gotta call me rude? I'm doing what a dad should do. Keep her from a fool like you."
The video was posted on July 10 and had more than 450,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: From 'America's Got...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- The Clean Cut: Artist performs 'Chasing Cars'...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 85
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Is family the... 2
- This is what you look like to a newborn... 2
- Schwarzenegger and Co. play the... 1