The Clean Cut: Why one dad is 'rude' when a boy asks for his daughter's hand in marriage
Husband and wife Benji and Jenna Cowart are Christian singer-songwriters who use their talents to serve. But last week, the duo decided to add a reggae cover to their repertoire.
The Cowarts' video is a response to a popular song by the Canadian band Magic! titled "Rude." The original song tells the story of a young man asking a father if he can marry his daughter. The father denies the request, and the young man responds, saying the father is "rude." The Cowarts' video shares their take on the father's side of the story.
Benji Cowart's version says: "Why you gotta call me rude? I'm doing what a dad should do. Keep her from a fool like you."
The video was posted on July 10 and had more than 450,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 39
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 12
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 8
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5