There are two reasons why all U.S. states except one observe Daylight Savings Time: it's a good idea and Arizona is a little bit crazy. Has anyone else been to Phoenix in the summer? It is not pleasant when the sun is up a 5 a.m. or earlier.
Another more boring reason why I am in favor of keeping DST is that since Utah is further from the equator, we have longer days than Arizona and Hawaii, and that means the effects of the change would be exacerbated. We'd have even earlier sunrises than these states. Don't mess with DST.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36