There are two reasons why all U.S. states except one observe Daylight Savings Time: it's a good idea and Arizona is a little bit crazy. Has anyone else been to Phoenix in the summer? It is not pleasant when the sun is up a 5 a.m. or earlier.
Another more boring reason why I am in favor of keeping DST is that since Utah is further from the equator, we have longer days than Arizona and Hawaii, and that means the effects of the change would be exacerbated. We'd have even earlier sunrises than these states. Don't mess with DST.
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17