American Fork man, 65, arrested in lewdness with dog case
AMERICAN FORK — A 65-year-old American Fork man is in jail after being accused of engaging in lewd acts with a dog.
Police officers were called and told that Melvin Pace had been trespassing into the yard of an American Fork home and engaging in sexual acts with the animal, according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court. Officers said Pace had illegally trespassed at least seven times between May 20 and June 28, despite the fact that he was told in December to stay off the property.
Cameras on the property showed that on at least five occasions, Pace engaged in the inappropriate acts. The area where the incidents occurred is "within seeing and hearing distance of two city streets, a business and residential homes," the affidavit states.
The officers wrote that anyone walking or driving near the home could have seen Pace and the criminal activity. Pace has had other lewdness convictions in the past five years, according to the affidavit.
The man was arrested Thursday and booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of five counts of lewdness and bestiality and seven counts of trespassing.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12