Two adults, five children hospitalized in single vehicle I-15 crash
Utah Highway Patrol
PAYSON — A 60-year-old woman was hospitalized in extremely critical condition and six others were also injured in a single vehicle rollover crash on I-15.
The woman was a passenger in a vehicle carrying six others — one adult and five children — that rolled when the driver over-corrected while heading south on I-15 around 3:15 p.m., Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Mary Kaye Lucas said. All southbound lanes of travel were closed while a medical helicopter landed to transport the woman.
The woman was unconscious, requiring her to be removed from the vehicle by medical personnel, Lucas said. The roadway remained closed for over an hour.
The driver, a 55-year-old woman, was transported to the hospital in critical condition. Lucas said the five children in the car were all taken to the hospital as well, although their injuries were believed to be minor.
It is unclear what caused the driver to swerve, but impairment is not believed to be a factor, Lucas said. The incident remains under investigation.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15