Ranking the best free-agent signings in Utah Jazz history
Patrick Semansky, AP
We are smack dab in the middle of the NBA free-agent signing period and there have already been plenty of moves that will change the face of the league for years to come.
Free agency is always an exciting time for basketball fans because they get to see what their teams are trying to do to build for the future. Every year, there are plenty of big names available that could change the fortunes of many teams and this year is no different.
This time around, the crop of game-changers include the likes of LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe and a handful of others, who could make a serious difference to any franchise. But, as in years past, none of those big names were linked to the Jazz. In fact, when it comes to free agency, the Jazz are more about making strategic moves to fill holes as well as finding diamonds in the rough.
While there aren't many big stars on the list, the Jazz have signed plenty of players who made a difference. Where they have had their most luck has been in the point guard department with nine lead guards making the list.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32