Ranking the best free-agent signings in Utah Jazz history
Patrick Semansky, AP
We are smack dab in the middle of the NBA free-agent signing period and there have already been plenty of moves that will change the face of the league for years to come.
Free agency is always an exciting time for basketball fans because they get to see what their teams are trying to do to build for the future. Every year, there are plenty of big names available that could change the fortunes of many teams and this year is no different.
This time around, the crop of game-changers include the likes of LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe and a handful of others, who could make a serious difference to any franchise. But, as in years past, none of those big names were linked to the Jazz. In fact, when it comes to free agency, the Jazz are more about making strategic moves to fill holes as well as finding diamonds in the rough.
While there aren't many big stars on the list, the Jazz have signed plenty of players who made a difference. Where they have had their most luck has been in the point guard department with nine lead guards making the list.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22