It doesn't surprise me that such a high percentage say they want immigration reform, especially when one considers the recent invasion of illegals that keep coming across our southern border. Most people who are paying attention to what is happening realize that something has to be done.
All the talk about liberalizing our immigration laws and giving a pathway to citizenship, along with a president that has relaxed existing laws, is very likely the cause of the southern border invasion. These
things open the door to the milk and honey temptations that people of third worlds see.
Is it any wonder that such a high percentage of those polled say that we need reform?
While there may be merit in increasing our visa numbers to allow more skilled and agriculture workers to come here, strict reform on illegally employing undocumented workers and tightening our border security is what I see as meaningful immigration reform.
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...