Rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels is warming our air and acidifying our oceans at an alarming rate. It's driven not just by pursuit of comforts and faster travel, but more importantly by the fossil fuel corporation's relentless pursuit of profits.
Our earth faces monstrous storms, record heat and massive starvation. Without working cooperatively and compassionating here and abroad there will be widespread violence and wars over shrinking resources such as water. Our present government has been woefully inadequate.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19