Rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels is warming our air and acidifying our oceans at an alarming rate. It's driven not just by pursuit of comforts and faster travel, but more importantly by the fossil fuel corporation's relentless pursuit of profits.
Our earth faces monstrous storms, record heat and massive starvation. Without working cooperatively and compassionating here and abroad there will be widespread violence and wars over shrinking resources such as water. Our present government has been woefully inadequate.
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Lois M. Collins: Wandering back into the land...
- Letter: Modest energy progress
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Poll shows Utahns favor...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 62
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 58
- Letter: Erratic protests 34
- In our opinion: After change to state... 26
- Letter: Modest energy progress 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- My view: Moving the prison would... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24