Rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels is warming our air and acidifying our oceans at an alarming rate. It's driven not just by pursuit of comforts and faster travel, but more importantly by the fossil fuel corporation's relentless pursuit of profits.
Our earth faces monstrous storms, record heat and massive starvation. Without working cooperatively and compassionating here and abroad there will be widespread violence and wars over shrinking resources such as water. Our present government has been woefully inadequate.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20