Rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels is warming our air and acidifying our oceans at an alarming rate. It's driven not just by pursuit of comforts and faster travel, but more importantly by the fossil fuel corporation's relentless pursuit of profits.
Our earth faces monstrous storms, record heat and massive starvation. Without working cooperatively and compassionating here and abroad there will be widespread violence and wars over shrinking resources such as water. Our present government has been woefully inadequate.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17