It was shocking to me to read of the comments of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid regarding the ruling of the Supreme Court allowing some companies with religious objections to avoid the contraception requirements of President Obama’s health care plan.
Who is he, his party or the government to have the authority or right to determine what is right and best for “women’s lives?”
If our government feels free to move into such personal areas, I ask, where will it stop?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19