It was shocking to me to read of the comments of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid regarding the ruling of the Supreme Court allowing some companies with religious objections to avoid the contraception requirements of President Obama’s health care plan.
Who is he, his party or the government to have the authority or right to determine what is right and best for “women’s lives?”
If our government feels free to move into such personal areas, I ask, where will it stop?
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26