It was shocking to me to read of the comments of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid regarding the ruling of the Supreme Court allowing some companies with religious objections to avoid the contraception requirements of President Obama’s health care plan.
Who is he, his party or the government to have the authority or right to determine what is right and best for “women’s lives?”
If our government feels free to move into such personal areas, I ask, where will it stop?
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Letter: Distance from religion
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- Letter: Who can we trust?
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 33
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 29
- Letter: Distance from religion 24
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 14
- Prisons bring much positive change 13