Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir announced Friday a collaboration with Candlelight Media Group on a new feature-length motion picture.
This inspirational movie has a working title of "Singing with Angels."
The movie — slated for a 2015 theatrical release — is historic in that it is the choir’s first full-length narrative feature where the choir is integrated significantly in the original story. While the choir has been the subject of documentaries (such as "One Voice" and "America’s Choir") and been a part of a TV movie ("Mr. Krueger’s Christmas") and a TV drama ("Touched by an Angel"), “Singing with Angels” will tell a heart-warming story of one woman’s journey to join the choir.
“The choir is delighted to be collaborating on this film with Candlelight Media,” said Ron Jarrett, president of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. “The story of the film will be an affirmation that the choir’s music can bring peace and hope and transform lives.”
The movie will be directed and produced by Brian Brough, whose credits include "16 Stones" (coming to theaters October 2014), "Nowhere Safe" and "Scents and Sensibility." The screenplay is being written by Brittany Wiscombe ("Changing Hearts," "Nowhere Safe" and "Christmas Angel").
The production will be shot on location at Temple Square and in the Salt Lake Tabernacle, as well as other areas in Utah. Auditions for roles in the film will be held soon. Anyone interested in auditioning may visit CandlelightMedia.com or contact Casting@CandlelightMedia.com.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is comprised of 360 volunteer voices and serves as a musical ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The choir’s work has garnered a Grammy award, two Emmy awards, plus five gold and two platinum albums. Its music transcends cultural and generational boundaries to unite people through music around the world.
Candlelight Media focuses on family friendly content, and its films have been broadcast on various international and domestic networks and platforms such as Fox, ABC Family, Lifetime, BYU-TV, Netflix, iTunes, Amazon and Hulu.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 29
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 20
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 13
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 11