Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
Summer fun and safety education were on the agenda at the Get Outside and Discover Your Public Lands event at Discovery Gateway museum in Salt Lake City.
Local representatives from the Bureau of Land Management’s youth program, Take It Outside!; as well as Utah’s Off Highway Vehicle program; Safety First, the national nonprofit organization; Tread Lightly!; and various vehicle vendors including ATK Motorcycles helped to prepare for outdoor family-fun adventures while focusing on safety, responsibility and respect for the land.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15