Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Junior League of Salt Lake City is presenting the 22nd Annual Community Assistance Resource Event, or CARE Fair, offering free medical and social services, designed to assist low income and uninsured people obtain vital health care services.
The event is Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Horizonte Training & Instruction Center, 1234 S. Main, Salt Lake City
According to the Utah Department of Health, 32 percent of Utahns living under the poverty line lack medical insurance.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8