Salt Lake Bees: Brennan Boesch named Pacific Coast League player of the month
, Hugh Carey
Salt Lake Bees outfielder Brennan Boesch was named Pacific Coast League player of the month for June on Thursday, after leading the PCL in most of the league's hitting categories in the month.
Boesch’s .405 batting average, .786 slugging percentage, 16 extra base hits and 24 RBIs in the month each led the PCL. He was also second best in triples, home runs and total bases throughout the month in the league.
The outfielder is batting .326 in 58 games for the Bees. He’s second on the team with 12 home runs and 49 RBIs this season. He also has 34 total extra base hits.
Boesch has also appeared in seven games for the Los Angeles Angels this season, batting .231 in those games.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48