Salt Lake Bees: Brennan Boesch named Pacific Coast League player of the month
, Hugh Carey
Salt Lake Bees outfielder Brennan Boesch was named Pacific Coast League player of the month for June on Thursday, after leading the PCL in most of the league's hitting categories in the month.
Boesch’s .405 batting average, .786 slugging percentage, 16 extra base hits and 24 RBIs in the month each led the PCL. He was also second best in triples, home runs and total bases throughout the month in the league.
The outfielder is batting .326 in 58 games for the Bees. He’s second on the team with 12 home runs and 49 RBIs this season. He also has 34 total extra base hits.
Boesch has also appeared in seven games for the Los Angeles Angels this season, batting .231 in those games.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45