Salt Lake Bees: Brennan Boesch named Pacific Coast League player of the month
, Hugh Carey
Salt Lake Bees outfielder Brennan Boesch was named Pacific Coast League player of the month for June on Thursday, after leading the PCL in most of the league's hitting categories in the month.
Boesch’s .405 batting average, .786 slugging percentage, 16 extra base hits and 24 RBIs in the month each led the PCL. He was also second best in triples, home runs and total bases throughout the month in the league.
The outfielder is batting .326 in 58 games for the Bees. He’s second on the team with 12 home runs and 49 RBIs this season. He also has 34 total extra base hits.
Boesch has also appeared in seven games for the Los Angeles Angels this season, batting .231 in those games.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19