“Yeah, when you get in and your adrenaline is up, you just want to run, run, run. It kind of took me a bit to kind of settle down and start playing my game,” he said. “My shots weren’t falling tonight, but it was just about getting my teammates the ball, and I think I did that well.”
Hood, whom the Jazz were delighted to snatch up with their second first-round pick, was probably the most impressive offensive player among the 15 Summer League participants. He hit from the outside and showed some offensive creativity with deft moves against defenders and near the basket.
“I had a little jitters just going out there for the first time — me and Dante both,” Hood said. “Once I got going, it was good. We got into a little rhythm, so it was good.”
The Jazz were given the day off Friday, and they’ll begin their NBA Summer League action Saturday night in Las Vegas against Philadelphia. Utah will play at least five games in the tournament, which wraps up on July 21.
Utah can only hope to get the kind of support at the Thomas & Mack Center over the next week or so as it got at home on this night, a crowd that included Jazz center Derrick Favors, by the way.
“It’s Salt Lake City. I know how much the fans love the Jazz. We feel the same way about them. We embrace that,” Burke said. “It kind of shocked us all when we went out here seeing how many people was out there. It’s good to know we’ve got the support from the city and we look forward to going to Vegas and trying to win the whole thing.”
Snyder cracked a joke to the crowd about the support he's received since being hired to replace Tyrone Corbin this offseason.
"I've been out in the community," he said. "I hope the greetings are as warm and friendly midseason as they are now."
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 105
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14