Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Leon Wilcox as business administrator, effective immediately. Wilcox had been serving as the interim business administrator since September.
Wilcox has 20 years of governmental accounting experience, with an emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting and auditing.
As the Canyons School District's director of accounting from 2009 to 2013, Wilcox was involved with the 2009 division of $1.5 billion in assets of the former Jordan School District, and he was responsible for establishing the district's original and subsequent budgets.
Wilcox, a certified public accountant who earned bachelor's and master's degrees in accounting from Utah State University, also has worked nine years in the Granite School District and six years in the State Auditor's Office.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13