Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Leon Wilcox as business administrator, effective immediately. Wilcox had been serving as the interim business administrator since September.
Wilcox has 20 years of governmental accounting experience, with an emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting and auditing.
As the Canyons School District's director of accounting from 2009 to 2013, Wilcox was involved with the 2009 division of $1.5 billion in assets of the former Jordan School District, and he was responsible for establishing the district's original and subsequent budgets.
Wilcox, a certified public accountant who earned bachelor's and master's degrees in accounting from Utah State University, also has worked nine years in the Granite School District and six years in the State Auditor's Office.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8