Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Leon Wilcox as business administrator, effective immediately. Wilcox had been serving as the interim business administrator since September.
Wilcox has 20 years of governmental accounting experience, with an emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting and auditing.
As the Canyons School District's director of accounting from 2009 to 2013, Wilcox was involved with the 2009 division of $1.5 billion in assets of the former Jordan School District, and he was responsible for establishing the district's original and subsequent budgets.
Wilcox, a certified public accountant who earned bachelor's and master's degrees in accounting from Utah State University, also has worked nine years in the Granite School District and six years in the State Auditor's Office.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21