Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Leon Wilcox as business administrator, effective immediately. Wilcox had been serving as the interim business administrator since September.
Wilcox has 20 years of governmental accounting experience, with an emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting and auditing.
As the Canyons School District's director of accounting from 2009 to 2013, Wilcox was involved with the 2009 division of $1.5 billion in assets of the former Jordan School District, and he was responsible for establishing the district's original and subsequent budgets.
Wilcox, a certified public accountant who earned bachelor's and master's degrees in accounting from Utah State University, also has worked nine years in the Granite School District and six years in the State Auditor's Office.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35