The Clean Cut: Put down your phone, pick up your child
DTAC YouTube screenshot
A touching Thai commercial has garnered millions of views on YouTube. Similar to other popular commercials produced in Thailand recently, this advertisement by the Thailand mobile phone provider DTAC teaches an important life lesson instead of simply pitching a product.
Referred to as "the power of love," the video begins with a father watching his newborn baby while the mother is grocery shopping. Tension quickly rises as the baby begins to cry and the father seems unsure of what to do.
He pulls out his phone to call his wife to ask what he can do to help their child. He tries showing a funny video and even video chatting with his wife, but nothing the phone does seems to help. He then decides to put down his phone and pick up his baby. This action calms the crying infant.
In the video description on YouTube, DTAC states that while we live in a world where mobile devices solve many problems, "this commercial recalls the one thing that drives our life forward," according to the English translation.
The video was posted June 30 and had more than 7 million views at the time of this publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases 'Danny Boy'...
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- David Archuleta sings 'Bring Him Home' for...
- You think your student is well off? The...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 21
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 20
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- You think your student is well off? The... 9
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Sex education should start sooner,... 7