The Clean Cut: Put down your phone, pick up your child
DTAC YouTube screenshot
A touching Thai commercial has garnered millions of views on YouTube. Similar to other popular commercials produced in Thailand recently, this advertisement by the Thailand mobile phone provider DTAC teaches an important life lesson instead of simply pitching a product.
Referred to as "the power of love," the video begins with a father watching his newborn baby while the mother is grocery shopping. Tension quickly rises as the baby begins to cry and the father seems unsure of what to do.
He pulls out his phone to call his wife to ask what he can do to help their child. He tries showing a funny video and even video chatting with his wife, but nothing the phone does seems to help. He then decides to put down his phone and pick up his baby. This action calms the crying infant.
In the video description on YouTube, DTAC states that while we live in a world where mobile devices solve many problems, "this commercial recalls the one thing that drives our life forward," according to the English translation.
The video was posted June 30 and had more than 7 million views at the time of this publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Would you rather get married earlier,... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2