What's new: 'The Missionary Collection' by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square
Music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has long been a staple for missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during their two years or 18 months of service.
The recently released “The Missionary Collection” brings together four collections of music from the choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square that include music about the Prophet Joseph Smith, the Restoration, missionary work, Primary songs and about the Savior.
“Praise to the Man” includes a dozen songs that focus on the Restoration, including “Praise to the Man,” “The Morning Breaks,” “Adam-ondi-Ahman” and “Joseph Smith’s First Prayer.” The CD was originally released in December 2008 on the 203rd anniversary of the Prophet's birth.
“Called to Serve” includes upbeat hymns including “How Firm a Foundation,” "Come, Come, Ye Saints” and “The Spirit of God,” and Primary songs “I Am a Child of God,” “He Sent His Son” and “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus.”
“Teach Me to Walk in the Light and other Children’s Favorites” sweetly shares the truths taught in each of the 15 songs, including “I Know that my Savior Loves Me,” “ 'Give,' Said the Little Stream” and “I Think When I Read that Sweet Story.”
“This is the Christ” topped the Billboard's Classical Overall chart after it was released in 2011. The songs are focused on the mission and teachings of Jesus Christ and include “O, Divine Redeemer,” “Come Unto Him” and “I Believe in Christ.”
Since the age missionaries can serve was changed to 18 for men and 19 for women in 2012, there has been a subsequent surge in the number of missionaries serving.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 84
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 17
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- LDS Church releases video about... 10
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9