Utah State golfer advances to match play at state amateur championship
Utah State junior golfer Seokwon Jeon has advanced to the match play round at this week's Utah State Amateur Championship.
The Salt Lake City native shot an even-par 72 at Valley View Golf Course in Layton on day two of the competition to qualify Tuesday. Jeon opened the State Am with a par 70 at the Ogden Golf and Country Club on Monday for a total of 142.
Jeon will open Wednesday's match play round against Dane Rosa as the 18th seed. Rosa is a senior on the University of Connecticut's men's golf roster and is seeded 47th. Match play will take place at the Ogden Golf and Country Club with Jeon and Rosa teeing off at 10 a.m.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah's Wright chooses a challenging path
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25