Utah State golfer advances to match play at state amateur championship
Utah State junior golfer Seokwon Jeon has advanced to the match play round at this week's Utah State Amateur Championship.
The Salt Lake City native shot an even-par 72 at Valley View Golf Course in Layton on day two of the competition to qualify Tuesday. Jeon opened the State Am with a par 70 at the Ogden Golf and Country Club on Monday for a total of 142.
Jeon will open Wednesday's match play round against Dane Rosa as the 18th seed. Rosa is a senior on the University of Connecticut's men's golf roster and is seeded 47th. Match play will take place at the Ogden Golf and Country Club with Jeon and Rosa teeing off at 10 a.m.
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Utes want to take away more takeaways at the...
- BYU-Virginia Primer
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 64
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 45