Utah State golfer advances to match play at state amateur championship
Utah State junior golfer Seokwon Jeon has advanced to the match play round at this week's Utah State Amateur Championship.
The Salt Lake City native shot an even-par 72 at Valley View Golf Course in Layton on day two of the competition to qualify Tuesday. Jeon opened the State Am with a par 70 at the Ogden Golf and Country Club on Monday for a total of 142.
Jeon will open Wednesday's match play round against Dane Rosa as the 18th seed. Rosa is a senior on the University of Connecticut's men's golf roster and is seeded 47th. Match play will take place at the Ogden Golf and Country Club with Jeon and Rosa teeing off at 10 a.m.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28