Utah State golfer advances to match play at state amateur championship
Utah State junior golfer Seokwon Jeon has advanced to the match play round at this week's Utah State Amateur Championship.
The Salt Lake City native shot an even-par 72 at Valley View Golf Course in Layton on day two of the competition to qualify Tuesday. Jeon opened the State Am with a par 70 at the Ogden Golf and Country Club on Monday for a total of 142.
Jeon will open Wednesday's match play round against Dane Rosa as the 18th seed. Rosa is a senior on the University of Connecticut's men's golf roster and is seeded 47th. Match play will take place at the Ogden Golf and Country Club with Jeon and Rosa teeing off at 10 a.m.
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Utah's showdown with Arizona has arrived
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 60
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29