Utah State golfer advances to match play at state amateur championship
Utah State junior golfer Seokwon Jeon has advanced to the match play round at this week's Utah State Amateur Championship.
The Salt Lake City native shot an even-par 72 at Valley View Golf Course in Layton on day two of the competition to qualify Tuesday. Jeon opened the State Am with a par 70 at the Ogden Golf and Country Club on Monday for a total of 142.
Jeon will open Wednesday's match play round against Dane Rosa as the 18th seed. Rosa is a senior on the University of Connecticut's men's golf roster and is seeded 47th. Match play will take place at the Ogden Golf and Country Club with Jeon and Rosa teeing off at 10 a.m.
- Former Utah State player Frank Maile returns...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- BYU softball: seven Cougars named to WCC...
- 2 Utah Utes golfers join three other locals...
- BYU soccer: Gomes named to MAC Hermann Trophy...
- 'Team Utah’ makes Super 16 of $2...
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons
- Morning links: National college... 91
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 83
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31