Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Brian McGill principal at Alta High School.
McGill has been serving as assistant principal of Corner Canyon High School. He is a 1991 Alta graduate.
“I am a proud graduate of Alta High, and I’m grateful to the board of education and the administration for allowing me to return to my alma mater in such an important role for the community,” said McGill, who is pursuing a doctorate in educational leadership with an emphasis in social justice at the University of Utah.
“The teachers at Alta helped me realize my potential,” he said. “I am grateful for all they did for me, and I consider it an incredible opportunity to be able return to the school and play a part of continuing the amazing tradition of achievement at Alta. We have a great opportunity for us to focus on the students and make our community as inclusive as possible.”
McGill has served as the principal and CEO of the Academy for Math, Engineering, and Science Early College High School; assistant principal of Elk Ridge Middle School; and as a school counselor and administrative intern at Riverton High School. He worked as manager of college access and outreach for the Utah System of Higher Education and as a guidance counselor.
McGill succeeds Fidel Montero.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16