Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Brian McGill principal at Alta High School.
McGill has been serving as assistant principal of Corner Canyon High School. He is a 1991 Alta graduate.
“I am a proud graduate of Alta High, and I’m grateful to the board of education and the administration for allowing me to return to my alma mater in such an important role for the community,” said McGill, who is pursuing a doctorate in educational leadership with an emphasis in social justice at the University of Utah.
“The teachers at Alta helped me realize my potential,” he said. “I am grateful for all they did for me, and I consider it an incredible opportunity to be able return to the school and play a part of continuing the amazing tradition of achievement at Alta. We have a great opportunity for us to focus on the students and make our community as inclusive as possible.”
McGill has served as the principal and CEO of the Academy for Math, Engineering, and Science Early College High School; assistant principal of Elk Ridge Middle School; and as a school counselor and administrative intern at Riverton High School. He worked as manager of college access and outreach for the Utah System of Higher Education and as a guidance counselor.
McGill succeeds Fidel Montero.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12