Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education on Tuesday appointed Brian McGill principal at Alta High School.
McGill has been serving as assistant principal of Corner Canyon High School. He is a 1991 Alta graduate.
“I am a proud graduate of Alta High, and I’m grateful to the board of education and the administration for allowing me to return to my alma mater in such an important role for the community,” said McGill, who is pursuing a doctorate in educational leadership with an emphasis in social justice at the University of Utah.
“The teachers at Alta helped me realize my potential,” he said. “I am grateful for all they did for me, and I consider it an incredible opportunity to be able return to the school and play a part of continuing the amazing tradition of achievement at Alta. We have a great opportunity for us to focus on the students and make our community as inclusive as possible.”
McGill has served as the principal and CEO of the Academy for Math, Engineering, and Science Early College High School; assistant principal of Elk Ridge Middle School; and as a school counselor and administrative intern at Riverton High School. He worked as manager of college access and outreach for the Utah System of Higher Education and as a guidance counselor.
McGill succeeds Fidel Montero.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 58
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17