HOLLADAY — A new Smith's Food & Drug store will anchor a redevelopment of the former Cottonwood Mall site.
The Dallas-based Howard Hughes Corp. and Smith's have announced the plans for the 78,000-square-foot store to be part of the 57-acre mixed-use Cottonwood development in Holladay.
The development aims to be pedestrian-friendly and feature upscale shopping, dining, entertainment and offices in a “town square”-style setting as well as multifamily residences when complete.
The project plans for 620,000 square feet of retail and entertainment, 260,000 square feet of office space and about 600 residences.
“This is a pivotal first step in delivering a vibrant, open-air setting where people will enjoy the opportunity to live, work, shop, dine and play," said Grant Herlitz, president of the Howard Hughes Corporation.
Smith’s Food & Drug has signed a letter of intent to build a combination food and drug store that will offer a wide selection of prepared and specialty foods; organic food selections; bakery, pharmacy, dairy and floral as well as fresh meat and seafood. The new store will feature a multilevel parking structure.
“We are looking forward to building a store in Holladay City within the dynamic Cottonwood development and offering the Smith’s shopping experience to both Cottonwood residents and the surrounding communities,” said Steve Sorensen, vice president of corporate development for Smith’s.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17