HOLLADAY — A new Smith's Food & Drug store will anchor a redevelopment of the former Cottonwood Mall site.
The Dallas-based Howard Hughes Corp. and Smith's have announced the plans for the 78,000-square-foot store to be part of the 57-acre mixed-use Cottonwood development in Holladay.
The development aims to be pedestrian-friendly and feature upscale shopping, dining, entertainment and offices in a “town square”-style setting as well as multifamily residences when complete.
The project plans for 620,000 square feet of retail and entertainment, 260,000 square feet of office space and about 600 residences.
“This is a pivotal first step in delivering a vibrant, open-air setting where people will enjoy the opportunity to live, work, shop, dine and play," said Grant Herlitz, president of the Howard Hughes Corporation.
Smith’s Food & Drug has signed a letter of intent to build a combination food and drug store that will offer a wide selection of prepared and specialty foods; organic food selections; bakery, pharmacy, dairy and floral as well as fresh meat and seafood. The new store will feature a multilevel parking structure.
“We are looking forward to building a store in Holladay City within the dynamic Cottonwood development and offering the Smith’s shopping experience to both Cottonwood residents and the surrounding communities,” said Steve Sorensen, vice president of corporate development for Smith’s.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16