HOLLADAY — A new Smith's Food & Drug store will anchor a redevelopment of the former Cottonwood Mall site.
The Dallas-based Howard Hughes Corp. and Smith's have announced the plans for the 78,000-square-foot store to be part of the 57-acre mixed-use Cottonwood development in Holladay.
The development aims to be pedestrian-friendly and feature upscale shopping, dining, entertainment and offices in a “town square”-style setting as well as multifamily residences when complete.
The project plans for 620,000 square feet of retail and entertainment, 260,000 square feet of office space and about 600 residences.
“This is a pivotal first step in delivering a vibrant, open-air setting where people will enjoy the opportunity to live, work, shop, dine and play," said Grant Herlitz, president of the Howard Hughes Corporation.
Smith’s Food & Drug has signed a letter of intent to build a combination food and drug store that will offer a wide selection of prepared and specialty foods; organic food selections; bakery, pharmacy, dairy and floral as well as fresh meat and seafood. The new store will feature a multilevel parking structure.
“We are looking forward to building a store in Holladay City within the dynamic Cottonwood development and offering the Smith’s shopping experience to both Cottonwood residents and the surrounding communities,” said Steve Sorensen, vice president of corporate development for Smith’s.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26