Years ago, as a new first grade teacher, I supervised my students in the lunch room. The second grade teacher expected every child to eat all the food on their plate. I felt that I could not expect that, so I would go around the table and ask each child what they did not like and to show me how much of that item they would eat. At the end of the year one little boy said, "Teacher, I didn't use to like sauerkraut, but now I do."
It is entirely possible that children learn to eat the foods they do not like. An understanding of proper nutrition is so lacking in our nation. We need all the help we can get to improve our nutrition. Thank you Michelle Obama.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21