KAMAS — The South Summit School Board has announced the appointment of Shad E. Sorenson as district superintendent of South Summit School District.
Sorenson is currently the dean of students and associate vice president for student life at Utah Valley University. He has been actively involved in the Utah K-16 Alliance focusing on bridging comprehensive counseling services and student transition between public and post-high school education.
Sorenson has a doctorate in education from the University of Utah, a master's degree in human resources and student development from Utah State University, and a bachelor's degree in business management from Utah Valley State College.
"I am excited to return to my educational roots that provided the foundation for all of my subsequent educational and professional experiences," said Sorenson, a Kamas native. "I am looking forward to working with the great educators and students in the Kamas Valley."
In his current role at UVU, Sorenson has provided support to the offices for student conduct and conflict resolution, accessibility services, student health services, student center, campus recreation and wellness, student leadership and involvement, and volunteer service learning.
He was instrumental in beginning a nationally recognized adviser training and development office. He has overseen the career development center, international and multicultural student services, institute for professional engagement, national student exchange, testing services and trio student support services.
Sorenson replaces Barry Walker, who is retiring after serving seven years as the superintendent.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26