The Clean Cut: 2-year-old amputee learns to walk, proclaims 'I got it'
Kayden Elijah Kinckle of New Jersey wasn't expected to live, but thanks to his parents' faith and his own optimism, the 2-year-old is inspiring thousands.
Due to complications in utero, Kayden's right foot and left leg had to be amputated following his birth, but a YouTube video posted Friday capturing his first attempts at walking proves he's up to the challenge.
One minute into the video, Kayden proclaims, "I got it," and he repeats his hopeful refrain again and again.
Hope runs in Kayden's family. His mother, Nikki Sessoms, explained in the video's description that because of problems with the umbilical cord (which resulted in Kayden's amputations) and omphalocele, a condition in which intestines and other organs remain outside the abdominal wall, Sessoms was advised to terminate her pregnancy.
But Sessoms proceeded with faith because "God said everything would be alright," she wrote.
New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick said he saw the hand of God in Kayden's life, too. He posted the video to his Facebook page Sunday along with a reference to Luke 1:37, "For with God nothing shall be impossible."
The video was also posted to a GoFundMe page where Kayden's family is raising money for medical bills. The video had more than 100,000 views at the time of publication.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- Here's my favorite 'Age of Ultron' plot twist
- 5-year-old rings bell, celebrates end of...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- The most important sacrifice you can make for...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 3
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- What does a Dutch cereal farm have to... 1
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 1