Utes' Travis Wilson, a counselor at quarterback camp, is ready to play football again
Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Utah quarterback Travis Wilson, who was recently cleared to play football again, is in Oregon this week helping with the Elite 11 quarterback competition while building his way back to playing college football.
NFL.com reporter Bryan Fischer wrote that Wilson is participating as a counselor at the quarterback camp for high school quarterbacks.
"I love coming back out here,” Wilson told Fischer on Monday. “It's great to work with the younger QBs as well, and it's nice to get some work in for ourselves, too. It's just great to be playing football again."
Wilson also talked about playing with the Utes after being cleared to play again a couple of weeks ago after being diagnosed with an intracranial artery injury following a concussion suffered in November.
"It was amazing, I'm super blessed to be able to play again," Wilson told Fischer. "I know the doctors worked super hard to find the results and the school did a great job getting the right statement out. I'm just happy to be back and ready to finish out my career at Utah strong."
The university also released its projected 2014 depth chart on Monday, and Wilson is projected to return as the Utes’ starter this season. Wilson has competition for the starting spot, especially with the incoming Oklahoma transfer Kendal Thompson joining the program.
"As spring went along, though, I felt myself really separate from the other QBs," Wilson told Fischer. "Hopefully I'll keep on doing that in fall camp."
Wilson, entering his junior season, threw for 1,827 yards and 16 touchdowns before the injury cut his sophomore season short in November. He completed 56 percent of his passes and finished the year with a 129.7 passer rating.
In his freshman season, Wilson passes for 1,311 yards and seven touchdowns, with a 122.2 passer rating.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37