DeseretNews.com continues to see record-breaking website traffic in June
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — June was another record-breaking month for DeseretNews.com.
The faith- and family-oriented website set high marks for page views, total visits and unique visitors in June, nearly doubling its year-over-year growth in each category. Deseretnews.com also won three awards.
According to general manager Burke Olsen, DeseretNews.com, its associated websites and apps surpassed the following marks last month:
40.5 million page views (54 percent year-over-year growth).
8 million total visits (56 percent).
4 million unique visitors (44 percent).
Olsen said previous records were set in March.
These milestones show that DeseretNews.com is continuing to reach a broader audience and help families stay informed, Olsen said.
"I recently had a conversation with a nurse in a local doctor’s office who told me that the Deseret News helps her raise her family,” Olsen said. “That’s exactly what we’re trying to do — produce content that makes a difference in people’s lives.”
DeseretNews.com was recently recognized by the Utah Headliners Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists in its annual media awards. The Deseret News National Edition website won first place for best news-oriented website and DeseretNews.com won for second place in the same category. The Interactive Media Council Inc., also awarded the Deseret News National Edition the best-in-class newspaper website.
“We’re thrilled with our recent awards for our website design, but we also realize that the design is only a mechanism for helping people find and engage with our content,” Olsen said. “If we can reach our audience through our websites, apps, social channels or any other way, we can arm them with information and context that will help them make a difference in their families and communities."
DeseretNews.com is listed among the top 30 newspaper websites in the nation in recent months, according to Alexa.com, a Web analytics company that tracks digital audience comparisons.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Man stabbed in downtown Salt Lake near Temple...
- Feds to drop some charges in Jeremy Johnson...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 14
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12