Sam Penrod, Deseret News
VERNAL — The Ashley National Forest is seeking input on a proposal to increase fees at one campground, one group site, three cabins and three yurts, along with new fees on recreation opportunities being proposed on three additional cabins.
Public comments will be accepted through the end of September. To comment on the proposals, contact Louis Haynes, Ashley National Forest, 435-789-1181, or email email@example.com. For detailed information on each site, visit fs.usda.gov.
All fee change proposals will be presented before the Utah Bureau of Land Management Recreation Resource Advisory Committee.
The majority of the revenue collected at fee sites remains in the forest to operate, maintain and improve the facilities and programs at the recreation sites. User-generated revenue supplements appropriated funds and helps the Ashley National Forest reinvest in recreation facilities.
The public is welcome to attend and comment at all advisory committee meetings. The next committee meeting is expected to be held during the winter. The exact meeting time, location and agenda will be announced on the Ashley National Forest website and through local media.
Written comments should be submitted to Kristy Groves, Roosevelt-Duchesne District Ranger, P.O. Box 981 (85 W. Main), Duchesne, UT 84021; or Nicholas Schmelter, Vernal District Ranger, 355 N Vernal Ave., Vernal, UT 84078. Electronic comments also should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the name of the project (Ashley Fee Proposal) within comments.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Former Springville High student arrested for...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15