Tornado makes a cameo in Canadian couple's wedding photos
Professional photographer Colleen Niska was snapping photos of a Canadian couple's wedding in Saskatchewan when a tornado split the backdrop.
But instead of relocating, the three moved even closer to take the pictures that would soon go viral, according to BuzzFeed.
"I've dreamed about a day like this! Could NOT wait to post these! Pretty sure this will only happen once in my lifetime!" Niska wrote on her Facebook page.
Soon after, the photos received more than 21,000 likes and more than 15,000 shares.
Some Facebook users thought the photos were fake, but others commended Niska for a job well done.
"Reminds me of 'Wizard of Oz.' Not even the Wicked Witch can keep these two apart. Awesome pictures!" one commenter said.
Niska told BuzzFeed they were far away from the tornado, and it wasn't moving in their direction.
“We were pretty excited as none of us had witnessed a tornado before and thought it was a pretty cool opportunity," Niska said. "I wasn’t going to pass on it!”
CTV News reported that the tornado was about an hour away from where Niska was shooting and everything at the wedding reception remained intact, apart from a tent that blew over.
Niska's photos rode on the heels of another wedding photo shoot that made national news.
In early June, a wildfire in Oregon disrupted a wedding, but not before wedding photographer Josh Newton took epic photos, according to Deseret News.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- The Clean Cut: New 'Simba cam' takes over...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 33
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 4