Courtesy Ogden Fire Department
OGDEN — Firefighters responded to a fire at the Standard-Examiner on Monday after the flames started in the newspaper facility's baling room.
Emergency crews were dispatched at 11:56 a.m. and found heavy smoke coming from the building, 332 Standard Way. Firefighters entered through the northeast corner and quickly extinguished the fire, according to Ogden's Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman.
All employees had evacuated after the building's alarm sounded, and one person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Bauman said.
The building's sprinkler system contained the fire to the recycle room in the warehouse area. Additional smoke damage was found in the entire north bay of the building, and fire crews worked to ventilate the building after the fire was extinguished.
The cause of the fire was unknown Monday and remained under investigation. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Twenty-five firefighters from the Ogden and Roy fire departments, as well as the Northview Fire Agency, responded to the incident.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14