Courtesy Ogden Fire Department
OGDEN — Firefighters responded to a fire at the Standard-Examiner on Monday after the flames started in the newspaper facility's baling room.
Emergency crews were dispatched at 11:56 a.m. and found heavy smoke coming from the building, 332 Standard Way. Firefighters entered through the northeast corner and quickly extinguished the fire, according to Ogden's Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman.
All employees had evacuated after the building's alarm sounded, and one person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Bauman said.
The building's sprinkler system contained the fire to the recycle room in the warehouse area. Additional smoke damage was found in the entire north bay of the building, and fire crews worked to ventilate the building after the fire was extinguished.
The cause of the fire was unknown Monday and remained under investigation. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Twenty-five firefighters from the Ogden and Roy fire departments, as well as the Northview Fire Agency, responded to the incident.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Sprinkler line floods Eastmont Middle School,...
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 75
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 20