Jason Olson, Deseret News Archives
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A 7-year-old boy drowned Sunday while swimming at the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center.
Around 2:30 p.m., a fellow swimmer at the pool spotted the boy underwater and alerted a lifeguard, according to the Cottonwood Heights Police Department. Recreation center staff and other bystanders attempted to revive the boy, who was transported to Intermountain Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
"When we arrived, lifeguards were already providing life-saving measures, in addition to two nurses that happened to be there off duty," Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Corbett Ford said.
It is not yet known why the boy was having difficulty swimming or how long he had been underwater.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Cars, homes, police station damaged in...
- Internet task force makes multiple arrests...
- John Williams remembered by friends as a man...
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Learn how to become foster parent at one of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 82
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10