Blair, Finau come into Utah Championship off strong Web.com Tour finishes
Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Two Utah golfers who will be playing in this week's Web.com Tour Utah Championship at Willow Creek Country Club had strong finishes at the Nova Scotia Open over the weekend.
Ogden's Zac Blair finished in a tie for seventh place in his first PGA Web.com Tour event Sunday at the Ashburn Golf Club in Halifax.
Blair had rounds of 67 and 70 Sunday in the rain-delayed tourney to move up from a tie for 46th place. His 278 total earned him a paycheck of $18,915.
In his final round, Blair overcame three bogeys on the front nine and one on the back to finish with birdies at holes 13, 17 and 18.
Also, Lehi's Tony Finau made his 10th straight cut on the Web.com Tour and finished in a tie for 16th place at 280. He earned $9,119 and moved up to 22nd on the money list with $105,125.
The Utah Championship will be played Thursday through Sunday with pro-ams preceding the tournament.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25