Blair, Finau come into Utah Championship off strong Web.com Tour finishes
Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Two Utah golfers who will be playing in this week's Web.com Tour Utah Championship at Willow Creek Country Club had strong finishes at the Nova Scotia Open over the weekend.
Ogden's Zac Blair finished in a tie for seventh place in his first PGA Web.com Tour event Sunday at the Ashburn Golf Club in Halifax.
Blair had rounds of 67 and 70 Sunday in the rain-delayed tourney to move up from a tie for 46th place. His 278 total earned him a paycheck of $18,915.
In his final round, Blair overcame three bogeys on the front nine and one on the back to finish with birdies at holes 13, 17 and 18.
Also, Lehi's Tony Finau made his 10th straight cut on the Web.com Tour and finished in a tie for 16th place at 280. He earned $9,119 and moved up to 22nd on the money list with $105,125.
The Utah Championship will be played Thursday through Sunday with pro-ams preceding the tournament.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 7