OAKLEY, SUMMIT COUNTY — A child was severely injured Friday when a truck hit the all-terrain vehicle he and three others were riding in east of Oakley.
A four-seat ATV carrying four minors was traveling west on Weber Canyon Road at about 6500 East when a truck came up behind it. As the ATV slowed, the truck tried to pass it on the left as the ATV also turned left, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge.
Two children were taken to the hospital. One suffered critical injuries, and the other was treated and released, Bridge said. Two others were treated at the scene. The truck driver as not injured.
The accident remains under investigation.
— Dennis Romboy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14