Sascha Burkard, Getty Images/iStockphoto
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman is recovering in the hospital after being shot by her boyfriend while he was cleaning his gun.
Salt Lake police responded to a call of an accidental shooting at 500 N. West Capitol in the Capitol Hill neighborhood on Friday.
Investigators said a woman had been shot in the leg by a man identified as her boyfriend. The man claimed to have removed the magazine of his Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun to clean it but failed to unload the chamber when the weapon discharged, striking the woman in the lower thigh.
The 19-year old victim was taken to University Hospital in stable condition. The male, also 19 years old, had no prior criminal record.
Officers said drugs were found at the home but declined to specify what kind. Authorities said various charges are under consideration pending further investigation.
No other injuries were reported.
— Jasen Lee
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Pharmacist who stole pills in 2012 accused of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of... 7