Sascha Burkard, Getty Images/iStockphoto
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman is recovering in the hospital after being shot by her boyfriend while he was cleaning his gun.
Salt Lake police responded to a call of an accidental shooting at 500 N. West Capitol in the Capitol Hill neighborhood on Friday.
Investigators said a woman had been shot in the leg by a man identified as her boyfriend. The man claimed to have removed the magazine of his Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun to clean it but failed to unload the chamber when the weapon discharged, striking the woman in the lower thigh.
The 19-year old victim was taken to University Hospital in stable condition. The male, also 19 years old, had no prior criminal record.
Officers said drugs were found at the home but declined to specify what kind. Authorities said various charges are under consideration pending further investigation.
No other injuries were reported.
— Jasen Lee
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18