LINDON, Utah County — Lindon police arrested a man Thursday on suspicion of shooting and killing his ex-wife's new husband, according to Lindon City Chief of Police Cody Cullimore.
Police recieved calls at about 8:20 p.m. of shots fired at a home near 400 W. Lakeview Road. Officers arrived and found a 42-year-old man dead in the home from an apparent gunshot wound to the head, Cullimore said.
Fred Lee, 59, was taken into custody at the scene.
Police said Lee entered the home searching for his ex-wife, but when he didn't find her, he shot her husband. Lee then entered two other residences in a triplex condominium and fired shots in each, Cullimore said. One other residence was occupied, but no one was injured during the shooting.
Officers say a young girl may have witnessed the killing, and police were questioning her and Lee's ex-wife.
The victim's name was not released Thursday night.
Police said Lee and his ex-wife have several dealings with police regarding domestic issues.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome forces the Thompson...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with Tooele...
- Top Utah stories of 2014
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- About Utah: Jen Seelig came to Utah and made...
- Rally in support of police also draws... 44
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 23
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson,... 21
- Top Utah stories of 2014 9
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with... 8
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail... 7
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper... 4
- Park City police nab pair suspected of... 4