LINDON, Utah County — Lindon police arrested a man Thursday on suspicion of shooting and killing his ex-wife's new husband, according to Lindon City Chief of Police Cody Cullimore.
Police recieved calls at about 8:20 p.m. of shots fired at a home near 400 W. Lakeview Road. Officers arrived and found a 42-year-old man dead in the home from an apparent gunshot wound to the head, Cullimore said.
Fred Lee, 59, was taken into custody at the scene.
Police said Lee entered the home searching for his ex-wife, but when he didn't find her, he shot her husband. Lee then entered two other residences in a triplex condominium and fired shots in each, Cullimore said. One other residence was occupied, but no one was injured during the shooting.
Officers say a young girl may have witnessed the killing, and police were questioning her and Lee's ex-wife.
The victim's name was not released Thursday night.
Police said Lee and his ex-wife have several dealings with police regarding domestic issues.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8